Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Loom Quandry





I prayed and sure enough, God answered! Why am I surprised???

I am currently in Brasstown, North Carolina for a weaving week on the rigid heddle loom, You may recall that this is part of my weave or leave the hobby I blogged about previously. ....guess what.....

I love it!

Monday: a tiring day with me receiving mixed messages from my heart about this rigid heddle loom. I decided to sell my new-to-me $350 loom that I purchased two weeks ago.

Tuesday: I had a wonderful time taking my weaving currently on a Schact rigid heddle table loom and doing a bit more creative weaving. I added various threads, fibers and had a very good time. I was prompted by a wall hanging in the folk school weaving studio where we are meeting daily. I was encouraged by the instructors and am now on a new inspired path.

Wednesday: Not certain what today will bring but I made a thrift store excursion yesterday after class, have purchased some old jewelry and collected nature's gifts from here in the campground. Plans are to create and meditate with techniques the teacher presents and fibers that are texturally unique.

                                          *                            *                      *                       *

I was introduced to a type of weaving called saori weaving. Strangely, there is a lady close by in Wimberly that is a certified teacher in this technique. More about this as I study the possibilities.

 Also sakori weaving, a type of rag rug weaving, is now presenting more possibilities.

I have decided that selling my loom is not such a good idea. I need to take it home or maybe even weave on it here in the class for my project. 

Oh me, oh my ~ another change of direction ~ another change of mind! I would regret selling my $350 investment, I believe. Maybe just sell the duplicate book for $10 and be content.....or give it away.
....



No comments:

Post a Comment

Word Salad

I have an appetite for words. I like thinking about words and their dressed up appearances. I like arranging letters on my scrabble board, s...