Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Outdoors to Refresh!




I am going outdoors this morning to work with plants, mow some grass, feed the birds and water.

Bonnie S. gave me three large houseplants yesterday. Today we get acquainted and they join my "flock."

It will be very hot in a few hours so my hours outdoors are calculated and briefer than preferred.

I read where spending time outdoors is good for the mind, the soul, and the body!!

All the reasons below are my goals as I need to be refreshed, rejuvenated and realigned.

My thoughts have put me in a bit of a doldrums lately so ready or not,  God, here I come.....

From www.mmhealth.org:

  1. Improved mental health. Exposure to natural environments has been linked to reduced symptoms of anxiety, depression and stress.
  2. Better physical health. People who spend time outdoors tend to be more active. Regular exposure to sunlight also helps your body produce vitamin D.
  3. Better sleep. Natural light exposure during the day helps regulate the body’s internal clock, promoting better sleep patterns.
  4. Increased attention span. Nature has a restorative effect on attention span and focus.
  5. Social connection. From family cookouts to community 5Ks, outdoor activities often involve social interaction which contributes to greater life satisfaction.
  6. Environmental awareness. Spending time outdoors can foster a deeper appreciation for the environment.

What are you waiting for? 

Make time today to enjoy the Great Outdoors and all it has to offer.

Especially #3 for me lately. Sleeping has not been the relaxation process I have always possessed. 


                                            *                *                 *               *                * 

(Unrelated to the above topic but I am ready to review another book for Story Circle Network. I just received a positive email from an author. I will tell you all about the book reviewing process and my "shelf" of books I have reviewed in my next blog. Stay tuned and always, stay reading!)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Outdoors to Refresh!

I am going outdoors this morning to work with plants, mow some grass, feed the birds and water. Bonnie S. gave me three large houseplants ye...