Thursday, May 19, 2022

Exit Now!



A break from poetry, but not for long. Just desiring to give you readers an update as to my travels and new location for the summer. 

I accepted a volunteer position in a premier Idaho State Park, Farragut SP, thirty minutes north of my daughter's home in Coeur d'Alene. I lived in desirable downtown CdA until a couple years ago when I sold my 900 square foot home. It was time. I was coming north from Texas to volunteer in Priest SP, still had the home and thought how unnecessary for me to retain it. I needed less responsibility. I moved my permanent residency from Idaho to my beautiful homeplace in Kerrville, Texas.

Here I am! Back again and anxious to spend a cool summer in this gorgeous territory.

My responsibilities here in this park will be working in the Junior Ranger Program. A room in the WWII museum is allocated for the program. I will be attending the volunteer/staff meeting today, getting acquainted with everyone and hopefully see the room which sounds absolutely wonderful. I share the duties with another couple who are returning volunteers. I am definitely the "new kid on the block."

More blog chatter coming - history of Farragut - my exact duties - our living situation here in our travel trailer - 

Much to tell you all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding my Tribe

sunday solitude afternoon serenity birds become my tribe