Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Sharing My Final Class on Poetic Forms



I just completed my eight-week class with The Center for Journal Therapy – Journal writing for healing, growth and change. I am pursuing the Certified Journal Facilitator certificate with this organization as a "community facilitator."

This class was on poetic forms, always intriguing and entertaining. I am now committing myself to writing a different form each week. More about that later.....

Below are two of my creations from Week 8 and our final assignment:

My Epitaph: 

Here lies the nomad Joan

Who has lived in many a home.

But it’s quite certain this simple plot


Will be her final resting spot.




Double Acrostic Challenge: The first letter of each line read vertically and the last letter of each line vertically complete a phrase/sentence. Have you figured this one out?



As I meander through the woods I                                                                 

Spend meditative moments iN                                                        

Unstressed thoughts of gratitude, A

Moment here, a glimpse there, I reaP

More than I deserve, my karmA 

Encourages me to open the dooR

Rapt attention to nature’s gifts, awestrucK. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding my Tribe

sunday solitude afternoon serenity birds become my tribe