Tuesday, May 16, 2023

In Limbo


               "This is the day that the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!"


Yes, yet another bird-chirping wide-expanse-of-the-sky-day here on my Madrona deck. I shall miss this grandiose view! It is truly a God-given, God-driven opportunity to greet Him each morning looking over the canyon of treetops and musing as perceived matchbox cars traverse on Highway #16.

I am ready to finish the packing and move into 100 Should Bee simply because it "should be" our new and final home here in Texas. This new house is mortgaged to the max since our home here on Madrona has not sold. We are contemplating renting it and must talk with the realtor this week.

I love to think of the possibilities in our new smaller home on a beautiful landscaped lot. It is very close to the Guadalupe River and kayaking could be my new frontier of entertainment. 

I contemplate the possibilities of creating a social and committed life to God in Hunt, Texas. We have visited the church there and are pleased with the reception and the Presence of the Almighty. There is a garden club (not sure) and a school (would love to substitute) and a country store with live music some weekends.

Cleaning will be prioritized tasks the remainder of this month - the movers come June lst. I hope to be very ready. In the meantime there is one more closet to peruse and pack. 

Blessings to count: 

1) The occupants of the Should Bee house are leaving three days earlier than originally told. 

2) There is a local yard man that hopefully will tend our half acrea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...