I just added Lectio 365 to my iPhone. The app cannot be put on my mac.
https://lectio365.com/. Pray the Bible everyday.
Lectio divina is Latin for “divine reading,” “spiritual reading,” or “holy reading.” Lectio divina, according to author and spiritual director Becky Eldredge, is “a slow, rhythmic reading and praying of a Scripture passage” (from Busy Lives & Restless Souls, Loyola Press, 2017).
I choose to be more prayerful and need a nudge morning, noon and night. This might do it for me.
I have heard about this app previously but in conversation regarding one's prayer life has been discussed within a beadisciple class I am currently taking.
There is also another more intense online prayer life through https://saint-luke.net/wado/ that is interesting. I shall look into that option after a few months with Lectio 365.
I am going to start with the Lectio 365 on my phone and spend a few minutes three times daily with the Lord.
One's prayer life needs to be sustained and developed. It doesn't just happen. It takes initiative and commitment.
P.R.A.Y. = Pause Reflect Ask Yield "Slow down and connect with God," the Lectio site says.
I shall and I will be consistent. With this decision and attempting to lose weight I have my goals and my priorities.
Here is a favorite poem about prayer from https://readalittlepoetry.com/2025/10/28/the-prayer-by-mary-oliver/
Praying Mary Oliver
It doesn’t have to be
the blue iris, it could be
weeds in a vacant lot, or a few
small stones; just
pay attention, then patch
a few words together and don’t try
to make them elaborate, this isn’t
a contest but the doorway
into thanks, and a silence in which
another voice may speak.
I shall listen for "another voice."
Amen!
No comments:
Post a Comment