Saturday, September 22, 2018

Biscotti Binge

I have never paid any attention to biscotti cookies.  Today I made a batch and was very
successful.  Biscotti are twice-baked cookies usually with nuts (almonds) and also known as cantucci in Italian.

My recipe from the familiar Meet Me in My Cape Cod Kitchen is:
 .......drum roll please! ...... Cranberry Biscotti & White Chocolate.

Contained within the familiar flour, sugar, eggs and typical baking ingredients are 1 cup of white chocolate chips and 1 cup of dried cranberries.

The sticky dough is gently formed into two rectangles and then baked for 15 minutes.
My rectangles stuck to the UNgreased cookie sheet (after proper cooling) but I was able to carefully work them loose.  However, the cookie sheet is not to be greased!
Inadvertently I set the temperature to 350 degrees and it was supposed to be at 325 degrees.  Would that have affected their adherence to the cookie sheet?

The rectangles are sliced into pieces, turned over and baked again for 12 minutes.

I watched them carefully and a perfect golden brown was achieved.
They passed the taste test with Daughter and Grandson and Hubby.
I was generous with the chips and the berries.
Lovely texture, don't you think?
 Don't forget to preheat your heart and tell someone you love them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SNAP! - so nice among plants

SNAP! - so nice among plants it only took a few minutes to water the invisible zinnias they're struggling, underground still i should ha...