Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Becoming Related


With his arm around me

literal brotherly love

“You know you’ll be taking care

of him the rest of your life,

Or was it his life?

Either/or 

doesn’t matter

does it?

I smiled. Did I say?

“I know, for better or worse.”

He could and would 

take care of me, that I knew.


We married that day

No unusual caregiving

has transpired - just

routine Dr.’s appointments

post operative nursing

assorted aging concerns.


We don’t know what or when.

We do know our decision was

undeniably the best decision.


Compatibility - off the charts

Compassion = off the charts

Common interests - off the charts

Consideration - off the charts

Age difference - off the charts

Then - Ninety and seventy three 

Now -  Ninety seven and eighty 


“People always say you should live every day as though it's your last. I sort of have taken the opposite tack, where I think you should live every day as though it's going to go on forever. You should treat people like you're going to see them again in the future. You should start working on projects that may take a long time.”

― Peter Thiel









No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding my Tribe

sunday solitude afternoon serenity birds become my tribe