Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Ode to My Hoe

Ode to My Hoe


Such a simple little tool -

a big assist in many ways.

I love my hoe, so strong is she,

my best friend these past few days.


We weeded; she diligently worked

as each pail full I then carried.

She’s a designer of lovely furrows

for the seeds we then buried.


Leaning now against the wall

she anticipates her next big chore.

No complaining do I hear,

but it’s a task she might abhor.


This newly created pile of compost

we must turn and water each day.

Coffee grounds, egg shells, orange peels

and stuff - we will stir her way.


Surely now you understand

our complex relationship.

We’re BFFs forever ….

to her my sunshade I flip.





Joan Connor 04/10/24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding my Tribe

sunday solitude afternoon serenity birds become my tribe