Friday, October 14, 2022

Dandelion Discourse



Inspired by Anne Schneider's Alphabet Soup, I have written the following short poem. Yesterday at memoir class I used Anne's poem as a prompt. The ladies wrote stunning short poems and how I wish I had copies of each to reread.

This came about during our seven minute write and then I rewrote it this morning. I am sharing it with my Story Circle poetry group as a submission for October. 

Dandelion Discourse


Taraxacum Officinalis, Greek

Scientific Name for Dandelion

Means disorder, remedy


i eat dandelion greens, no,

i don’t but

i’d like to try and capture

the blowball

from the dandy 

spit them off the end of my

tongue as the fuzziness

makes words

stumble upon each other

spitting with pphhtt and thutt 

my tongue pushes the tickles 

out about, then sucking through

the stems, hollow as a straw 

we kids pieced them together-

worn as necklaces

never sipping anything through them.



10/14/2022

No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo Prompt - One Liner

  I’m taking a mental break!🤣. Here we go…… My one liner: “the relevancy of nursery rhymes is with the believer”