Saturday, October 22, 2022

Epictetus and Seeking


Epictetus - Greek Stoic philosopher (c. 50–c. 138)



Seeking that tranquil way of life is difficult for me. I consistently sign up, enroll, add another experience to my life.....consistently and without shame.
I am trying to calm down, to breathe before I commit, to spend 
part of each day in pure relaxation with a book and my feet up.
Sometimes I do just that.....and the day is going, going, gone, and my feet are still up!
For example, I want to sign up for the following:



I am curious as to the possibilities because it is a totally foreign genre to me. Like I don't even paint except following a video, step 1, step 2, step 3....turn off the computer, and then rerun. 
What makes me think I can do this?
And so I shall ponder a bit more and see what develops as I overreact to online classes. In the meantime I want to promote Epictetus. What an amazing philosopher from so very long ago. Makes me turn to Ecclesiates in the Bible.






No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo Prompt - One Liner

  I’m taking a mental break!🤣. Here we go…… My one liner: “the relevancy of nursery rhymes is with the believer”