Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Separation Required



"separation required"


sunflower fences

appeasing the HOA

the natural way



I just posted the haiku below on my current thri-writing site. The prompt was "SEPARATE."


We had second visit from the HOA president's wife. She was inquiring as to our plans for fencing in our travel trailers. I have three on the property!

1. A delightful 1956 Jewel vintage trailer, almost ALL original that is in the backyard. It serves as my she shed although my son has chosen to sleep in it when visiting. It has a regular size comfy bed.

2, My recently acquired Aristream Bambi, 2003, 19' long and my dream mobile. It is the camping trailer I hope to use the rest of my life....downsized from a 30' travel trailer.

3. My vintage bookmobile, a Little Free Library travel trailer that we tow to the Kerrville Farmer's Market every Saturday. It is attractive inside and out with its MLF library plaque on the side.

According to the current HOA rules here in Bumblebee Hills subdivision, Ingram, TX., we are to have these trailers behind a 6' cedar fence approved by the architectural committee. 

When we purchased this home we were told that the HOA had been disbanded. We now have learned that "No, not disbanded, just unincorporated!" And what does that mean? Not sure, but some legal powers no longer are in place.

What to do? What to do? What to do?




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...