Thursday, September 5, 2024

Sold!!



Our Jewel vintage trailer sold to the highest bidder. Unfortunately, the highest bid was for less than we had invested in this 1956 gem. However, it sold within one week on the online auction, Bring a Trailer, and it is a "done deal."

I spent one week photographing its many angles and processing them to the site. I had assistance from the auction site. It was a pleasant experience. Real humans responded very quickly to my questions.

Would I list the trailer again on such a site? Maybe .... because I did not have to deal with scammers and unreasonable questions and the few interactions were easy, some rather humorous. Remarks about how the trailer brought back memories were fun to read. However, the trailer bringing back memories did not bring the $$ I thought it would!

It sold for $4000, The gentleman who purchased it lives thirty minutes away and it was picked up four days following the completion of the auction. Out of sight and now pretty much, out of mind!

Next.... I am attempting to sell the Airstream Bambi and it is not the hottest item. Just a few inquiries and none too serious, that's for sure.

2003 19' Bambi For Sale In Ingram, Texas - Airstream Marketplace

I am not 100% convinced that I want to sell it so the price is firm. David is not planning to rv in such a small unit and I am not planning on buying anything bigger. Consequently, our rving days might be over. It's called "hanging up our keys."

That's not all bad either! Trains and planes are still options.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Word Salad

I have an appetite for words. I like thinking about words and their dressed up appearances. I like arranging letters on my scrabble board, s...