Monday, September 30, 2024

Word Salad





I have an appetite for words.

I like thinking about words and their dressed up appearances.

I like arranging letters on my scrabble board, some standing, some reclining.

I like placing language on a page using space and shape.

Creating a word salad is tossing or not, situating the various letters around the page - “tomatoes” piled in one corner, “cucumbers” tucked in the edges of the lettuce and “onion rings” placed gently on top. Drizzle the “dressing”and ooo-la-la….my salad is complete. 

Dare I create my salad with words and abc’s just like that? 

From my viewpoint, word salad is quite sensical!

(The above was written for a current class in which I am enrolled. The prompts are one word prompts and we are to write 100 words. I do not abide completely by the latter parameter - sometimes more, sometimes less. However I do attempt succinctness. More about the class later. All my submissions will be posted here on jamajoanjottings.)

9/30/2024


No comments:

Post a Comment

Word Salad

I have an appetite for words. I like thinking about words and their dressed up appearances. I like arranging letters on my scrabble board, s...