Thursday, November 11, 2021

 


Greetings from Alpine, Texas!

Although the above is a stock photo, this is pretty much what it looks like as I view the scenery from my rv window.  I am now sitting in one of the two rv recliners typing this blog. Ava is peering out the same window from the bench seat. 

We are spending the week here in La Vista RV park, six miles from Alpine towards Big Bend National Park on Highway 118. It's a small rv park, maybe fifteen drive-through sites and very quiet, very very quiet. Dave just read the welcome rules and discovered the free wifi - whoopee!

Tomorrow we will drive into Big Bend, 100 miles from here and spend the day enjoying what I am told is a "magical place." 

In the meantime we are relaxing, reading, watching some satellite news and enjoying a choice on our home-cooking menu due to today's trip to Porter's Grocery store in Alpine. I also visited a very well stocked independent bookstore and enjoyed spending my disposable $50 on two poem books, The Sun literary magazine and, of all things, an $8 Texas map!

The sun is setting, Ava needs to take a walk and I am ready to join her.

                                         *  *  *  G'night from Brewster County *  *  *

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding my Tribe

sunday solitude afternoon serenity birds become my tribe