Sunday, November 14, 2021

Murals of Alpine, Texas

 

                                                       Cruising Big Bend by Tom Curry

We found this mural in downtown Alpine. It was in an alleyway with other murals, big and bold. They call that area Alley Art. I love this mural. Excuse the shadows and the wires criss-crossing in front of my camera. There are, according to a brochure from the visitor's center, forty-four murals in Alpine and the surrounding area.  

Alpine has a suburb art colony and the presence of Sul Ross University is a tremendous asset to this community. The college is very impressive in size and its beautiful architecture.

It is a quiet, very quiet, Sunday afternoon. If the western museum is open today on the Sul Ross campus, I believe we should venture over.  Dave will like it -  I have read it is extraordinaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo Prompt - One Liner

  I’m taking a mental break!🤣. Here we go…… My one liner: “the relevancy of nursery rhymes is with the believer”