Saturday, January 15, 2022

Another Best Day at the Dog Park

 



She played hide 'n seek with me - at first, she captured my attention with her chatter and there she was, scampering up and down the tree waiting for her photo shoot.

"It's about time," she scolded as I clicked with my Canon DSL in her face. She moved closer, I zoomed in closer, she stared right at me. I moved closer. She would tease, scoot and then pose dramatically. She was in control.

I wondered if she wanted to play peek 'a boo, so I scooted around the tree. That was not her game plan.

She wanted to be front and center, in my photo, in my thoughts and in my day's trek to the unleashed dog park. She accomplished just that.


We're in love. Oh, not Missy Show-Off Squirrel. I mean my Best Dog Ava and me. We are besties and going to the "dp" (shhhhhh, can't say it too loud) is our favorite outing.

She'll wait for me while I run an errand or two. I hate to disappoint so most days we make the hour effort and stop by on our way home.

You would too.

It's a gorgeous park along the Guadalupe River. Ava, as the honorary greeter, meets all arriving four paws, wags her fluffy tail, sniffs and prances to the next pursuit.

Could it be that any stranger would be that glad to meet me? 

Ava did not pay attention to my photography event. I don't believe she knew that I had "treed a squirrel." She was already wading in the river and checking out the new smells of the day.

Oh, I took more pictures, but only Missy Squirrel is getting the inclusion today. I'm quite certain with her bossy behavior she does not share well.

  

I love how the light shimmers on her tail.
              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding my Tribe

sunday solitude afternoon serenity birds become my tribe