Wednesday, July 20, 2022

The Muse of Dedication

                                                    

"If you're dedicated, if it's something that lives and breathes in your heart, then                 you've simply got to go ahead and do it."

— Rodney Crowell

I believe the key word in the above quote is dedicated! To be dedicated to any ideal, passion, hobby, adventure, spark, idea, theology = person, place or thing, it will “live and breathe in your heart” until addressed. And yes, perhaps this person, place or thing will never be given its due attention.

That is sad because the carrier of said passion will feel incomplete and nonessential. These are strong thoughts. These strong thoughts could spark much discussion. I wish they would.

And so here I sit - feeling quite content that I am diving off yet another high board. The possibility of wheeling down the road with a bookmobile trailer, vintage to boot, pulled by a very old truck that is not perfect, yet functional, delights me.

I, too, am vintage, very old, not perfect, yet still functional and ready to follow my muse into this bookmobile world.

I am going to “go ahead and do it.”

Your thoughts?



No comments:

Post a Comment

SNAP! - so nice among plants

SNAP! - so nice among plants it only took a few minutes to water the invisible zinnias they're struggling, underground still i should ha...