Monday, July 4, 2022

Jamajoan's Vintage Bookmobile


                                                (stock photo of what life was like when.......)

It is going to be a reality! I am in, totally in and enthralled with the concept.

Free books for children, delivered to rural areas, available at farmers' markets, festivals, library gatherings hither and yon.

I am convinced the concept, although not original, will work for me. There are never enough books for children. I am aware that technology can be a current outlet for reading, but to hold the book, turn the page, delight in the illustrations, turn back, reread, and have favorites is what this is all about. 

I also plan to spotlight local children's authors by providing a delightful platform for readings, signings, interactions with real live authors and as to be expected, signed books for sale. 

This is going to be exhilarating, exhausting and intriguing for me. The power of literacy and the availability of free books for children is a win-win formula.

Do you agree?

And so my vintage trailer becomes Jamajoan's Vintage Bookmobile.

I'm in and filing for a 501c3 this week. It is going to be a reality!

The travels are just beginning and the journey of giving and sharing is well anticipated.


                                         
kidsreadfree6@gmail.com

                                                979-270-0766

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding my Tribe

sunday solitude afternoon serenity birds become my tribe