Tuesday, August 23, 2022

From Idaho to Texas


The trek to Texas from Idaho with my new-to-me 1975 Chevy truck and 1968 vintage travel trailer is nearing departure. The trailer wheels are being repainted and new tires put on as I write this. The trailer will be my bookmobile, my Little Free Library on wheels. The exterior will be white/yellow to match the truck and have decals of dots and jamajoan’s bookmobile, free books for all children.

The Little Free Library gave their consent to my idea so I shall register with them and use their app to post my location. I hope to attend festivals, farmer’s markets, parades and small town celebrations throughout the year. https://littlefreelibrary.com

“Where to find the books?” you ask. I will scour thrift stores, garage sales and hopefully the word will spread that jamajoan’s bookmobile will gladly receive your children’s books. 

How could this possibly fail? What could possible go wrong? 

The truck may need maintenance; we have a backup truck to use.

My challenge? How do I keep track of who gets what and how often can the same child visit and receive a free book? I am not concerned. There will always be folks wanting to trade books too, don’t you think?

And what could be more delightful than a child frequenting the “library” seeking literacy.






No comments:

Post a Comment

SNAP! - so nice among plants

SNAP! - so nice among plants it only took a few minutes to water the invisible zinnias they're struggling, underground still i should ha...