Friday, August 19, 2022

Nature Cures

 

Spending the summer in a state park can be quite invigorating. For the first time ever, I have spent time (and money on bird feeders) sitting and watching the pine siskins, chickadees and hummers. I am aware that just sitting is not my default. However, I am learning to sit and watch, maybe have coffee, not always necessary.

I don’t have to be on my phone or iPad.
I don’t have to be reading a book.
I don’t have to be holding a camera.
I don’t even have to be journaling.
I can just be!

And as I spend these moments in observation and reflection I am discovering a peace in existing, also a piece of existence. It is ok to sit and sift thoughts. 

Not particularly earth shaking philosophies, but definitely a way to simmer and store the best part of life’s joys without always doing and processing. 

Yes, this summer 2022 has been looking inside while outside with fluttering wings, shivering limbs and clouds of glory over all.
It just requires a lawn chair and a willingness to be! 

Jill Badonsky, author of “The Muse Is In” says that meditation is to “ quiet the incessant chatter of the mind, relax the body, and tap into a flow of inspiration, intuition, and imagination” (p. 57).  That all sounds like a big order of tapping. However, the mind is capable of taking one on unsuspecting journeys when stilled and only prompted by nature’s gifts. 

It’s free for the taking!
♥️ Joan

No comments:

Post a Comment

NaPoWriMo Prompt - One Liner

  I’m taking a mental break!🤣. Here we go…… My one liner: “the relevancy of nursery rhymes is with the believer”