Monday, August 7, 2023

Axel Shopping




Today we went axel shopping. It isn't a top priority of mine, but alas, when the axel needs replacing, well, the rubber hits the road, literally and a new axel must be found.

The rv man just texted me and found one for this 30' travel trailer we have owned three years. It will cost $495 plus shipping.

And then hopefully, Eddie here in Anson, Texas will be able to put it on the trailer, add the spare tire/wheel and we're ready to go to Should Bee.

It is just another challenge when rving and stuck and relying on others to help out. And yes, we are getting help! Eddie came yesterday and removed the axel. Harley here at the rv park picked up Eddie at his house. We then went to the local trailer repair place and that gentleman sent us to Abilene, 30 miles down the road. We were discouraged with our first stop, but then Rick at Young's RV said he thought he had a source for this axel. He found one and we will be picking it up later this week, we think.

Harley owns this lovely Anson rv park and has been a source of great help. We just paid him the weekly rate of $165 to leave our trailer here until we can pick up the axel.

Now here are the facts! I have been planning on selling this trailer and surfed online thinking I could legitimately ask $26,000. Now as I look again I see that maybe I'll be fortunate to get $22 thousand.

Harley has offered me $17,000 and will take it "as is." Maybe I should really consider this offer. Maybe I will end up putting an additional $2,000 in it. What to do? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...