Tuesday, January 24, 2023

A Blessing To My Voice

                              


A Blessing To My Voice - 2023 


Dear Voice of Mine:


May you be silent as the leaves know when to attach, when to fall..


May you be a whisper like the kite pulling on its line.


May you be forthright as pebbles smoothed from the water’s ripples.


May you pause as the poised loon perches on a river’s log.


May you sing alleluia like the wind that comes from somewhere,

disappears everywhere.


May you gently close the door knowing one sleeps within, not knowing when

the spirit of appreciation awakens. 


Lastly,

May you continue to speak as pages turn to better ways, 

as rivers gently continue to flow,

as life becomes you.



Listening,

Joan


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...