Friday, January 13, 2023

Springing into Non Action




I enjoy this blogging, even though there are no remarks nor responses from anyone.  How can that be? I continue to write my thoughts, my feelings, my confusions, my frustrations. I guess you could say this blog is definitely therapeautic journaling.  I'm ok with that.

Today I am contemplating "Springing into Action" - the topic that my Story Circle "True Words from Real Women" journal suggested for their March publication. I can submit a poem or piece of prose and if accepted, it appears in their collection of women's writings. I do not recall how many times I have been accepted or rejected. Quite frankly, the act of writing the "assignment" is my favorite part of this process.

Part 1: "Springing into Non Action." 

Is it because I am adding years to my life's journey that I desire to slow down, not chase my tail, pedal slower and more methodical?  Or is it because the signing up for classes, committing to lessons and then attempting to learn a new craft is just becoming too routine? I have been doing just that for years.

So to spring into non action I first must find and contemplate my goals. What could possibly be my first non action goal.

How about the non action of exercise? I have been keeping this behavior up pretty well with no bicycling, no walking, no gym attendance, no yoga. I definitely have kept this goal alive.

How about the non action of church attending? Since Covid I have not attended a church service. This non action is so unlike my previous behaviors where the church became a focal point for me in a new community.

How about the non action of dieting? I have tried periodically to be a Weight Watcher participant, to absolutely no avail. The program requires an app on the phone, consistently checking points, weighing in weekly and all this is possible without going to a meeting. I lead the pack for non acting in this reform.

How about the non action of weaving? The small looms sit on my closet shelf. I read about it and that is the extent of my learning this craft. I just recently subscribed to Little Looms magazine and drool over the beautiful possibilities if only I would commit to learning this craft.

How about the non action of roasting coffee beans, dehydrating meat for jerky and using the blender? These appliances are on the pantry shelf, items I thought I needed, items that would give me options in creating foodstuffs. I haven't used two of them ever, the roasting of coffee beans was easy, but I need to order green beans and haven't for quite some time.

And so the self-talk continues.

Next come my goals of action. There are some. I am continuing this conversation as I have "springing into action" reveals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...