Tuesday, January 17, 2023

So much "I"


This blog has become a process in journaling for me. 

Do you like blogs where the writer just takes you through her activities, her family get-togethers, life's daily routines, the health and sickness aspect, travels and activities when staying home? 

I most like a particular blog I follow where an older woman, Pat Bean, thinks thoughts, contemplates actions, includes her drawings and paintings and commiserates about aging. She writes well, was a former journalist and is currently my favorite. Pat Bean's blog | Just another WordPress.com weblog

I also follow a blog that is written daily, includes photos of decorative items, montages about her apartment, cat antics, etc. Brenda is in the throes of including a book review page in her blog. I have enjoyed following her process in setting that up for her followers. She earns money from her blogging. Home · Cozy Little House

I am just hanging with my blog, but once the book mobile is on the road, I shall always include its whereabouts and the results therein. I hope my blog becomes more about jamajoan's vintage bookmobile and less about me!

I have no social media following. Last evening I zoomed with a published author and several others in a book review group centered on memoir reading and writing. She shared that she had to have 5,000 followers on her Facebook page before a particular publisher would even continue conversing with her. That is not enticing to me at all. If I finish my Peace Corps book, I will be hard pressed to market it. However, I understand that the validity in numbers is part of the process of being a successful author.

Have you noticed that all my paragraphs begin with "I"? How very "into myself" I am writing. Enough said - time to sew the curtains for the bookmobile and think about the children with whom I will be soon interacting.  Yeah!

Soon - Free books for all!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...