Saturday, July 1, 2023

Bob, The Gadget Man







I think it might have started with the spiral zucchini cutter. I didn’t have one so Bob generously gave me 

one, “Here’s your delayed wedding present.” I had just married Dave a few months earlier and was attempting to eat healthier pasta that summer. I did….twice!


Then we invited Bob over for homemade doughnuts baked in my air fryer. He just had to try it! Only he used a silicon doughnut making mold and gifted me with one. I tried his process once and returned to my metal doughnut pan baked in the ole’ oven. But then… I went doughnut - sugar free.

Most recently Bob gave me a small red and white plastic egg poacher/cooker to be used in microwaves. I have not tried it. However, the coffee lady at the farmer’s market uses one in her coffee stand to cook the egg for her egg/muffin/bacon sandwich. I watched the perfect egg emerge.

Bob’s most recent acquisition is not a gadget. It’s a major commitment - a Blackstone outdoor griddle. Guess the receiving line for gadgets has closed down. He is in the big time of grilling’. What to gift him with? He is out of my kitchen ballpark? 

How about a cast iron garlic roaster? Doesn’t every boastful dude, “I’m making tacos on my Blackstone,” need one?


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...