Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Catching Up with Myself


It's been awhile since I have posted. No particular reason other than being focused on relaxing, reading and working in the Junior Ranger room here at Farragut State Park, Idaho.

It's coming to a close and for that I am grateful. Everything is hunky-dory here in the park. It's just that I want to be in my new-to-me home in Texas. I feel as if I am biding my time. I am more than ready to tackle all those projects we left after spending a mere ten days in our "new" home. 

What else have I been attempting? 

1) Reading and participating in Story Circle Network's book club that meets bi monthly. It's not particularly structured, more like conversing with a couple friends about the books and how it "sets" with one another. I may/may not continue with this zoom. The fee has been waived. We discussed Laura Davis' The Burning Light of Two Stars last evening.

2) Writing with Jill Badonsky twice a week. She provides funky prompts, not the usual stuff and I am entertained. I am going to post several poems I have written later this week. I pay $23/month for this opportunity - it's a month-to-month commitment.  The others are very gifted participants, both in writing and artistic endeavors. Yes, I feel inadequate, but that is why I am following Jill. She is VERY upbeat, witty and creative, Thus, her following seems to be very talented and creative.

3) Being with Granddaughter and Daughter here in the park. We have been to the beach and geocached. The latter took several hours and we found 7/8 boxes. It's a challenging program from the Junior Ranger room. The geocache backpacks are loaned for free and each contains a $200 Garmin with coordinates programmed in it.

4) Shopping on my days off at thrift stores finding children's books for my Little Free Library bookmobile. I am eager to resume our farmer's market visits on Saturday mornings. Goodwill has 49 cent children's books and they are lovely. I buy about 20 books each visit, maybe more.

5) No weaving yet. And that hobby was to unfurl this summer. I had better spend a couple hours after work today beginning the process, at least on the small hand loom. My granddaughter received a loom for Christmas and I have prompted her to continue the activity. She is interested is seeing my loom(s). Oh dear, I am not very knowledgeable yet.

6) Selling on Craigslist a couple towing items that Dave transported up here in the truck bed. I just listed the tow bar we used on the Scion when we had the Class C and the bike rack we used on the Class C. Money is lost as my asking prices are low, hopefully some interest will be shown. There is a Coeur d' Alene swap and shop site I should also be putting the items on.

7) Sitting by the fire and working on my current Bible study, Beth Moore's Psalms of Ascent. I love it. This is my first study by her. She is very popular among women, but alas, I have not been in the right loop for years. I read a recent autobiography of hers spontaneously and that started me on this particular journey. 

8) My fiddling has taken a back seat to everything. There is no reason other than sitting outdoors by the fire and hummingbird feeders is a delightful escape. I want to resume my hour per day fiddle practicing. I want to be back in the routine. 

For now, it's off to the Junior Ranger room for six hours of fulfilling my commitment.

Talk more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...