Monday, July 3, 2023

Review Mirroring It


                           

 “Sometimes we don’t know why we’re on a certain road with God until miles have made their way to the soles of our feet.” from Stepping Up, by Beth Moore.


Review Mirroring It


as life follows its curves

motives contribute to change 

the bends, the detours

of delights and disturbances.


the certain road might

vanish we are distracted

dismayed 

disappointed.


my feet are calloused rough

bunioned toes angle

unbecoming but functional.

soles know my story


a different kind of soul seeks

to transport me as that road

that certain road 

becomes where i have journeyed 

all along… 

through the years… 

and it’s ok.



The above poem was written this morning in response to a Jill Badonsky prompt:
  • Open a book and grab a sentence, make it your own and keep going.
I am currently working my way through Beth Moore's Bible study, Stepping Up, on the Psalms of Ascent. I thoroughly enjoy her literary approach to this study. Needless to say, I love this particular sentence from Day One, page 13. I am just beginning and excited to have this resource.

More about Jill's class next blogging effort and the possibility of becoming trained in her method of creative life coaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...