Thursday, April 13, 2023

Responding to NaPoWriMo Prompt #13

 


I just couldn't resist! The prompt today is: 

Now, try writing a short poem (or a few, if you’re inspired) that follows the beats of a classic joke. Emphasize the interplay between the form of the poem – such as the line breaks – and the punchline.

Don't know if this is what is expected but I had fun - what a great way to start a great day!

1)

knock knock

why ask who’s

there is not 

going to be 

a punchline…. 

i’ve installed a 

video 

doorbell

2)
the pun scores as  

words topple through

verbal coincidences

       

      *      *       *

my music nudges 

Handel 

          with 

                care!


joanconnor

04/13/2023



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...