Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Poetry Each Day

I am currently participating in NaPoWriMo for the month of April. NaPoWriMo

I try to participate every day but have missed a few days along the way. I hope to play "catch-up."

Yesterday's Prompt #10 was to write a sea chanty. As I peruse what a sea chanty is I discover that it should tell a story. So Ahoy Mate - here is my attempt:


Kayak Chanty


Bought a kayak to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy

Bought an inflatable kayak to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy

Bought an inflatable kayak to take the dog to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy


Used the kayak one time to float one lake

Ahoy mate ahoy 

Used the kayak dog invited one time to float one lake

Ahoy mate ahoy

Used the kayak sans dog one time to float one  lake

Ahoy mate ahoy


Bought a home near the Guadalupe to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy

Beside the home near the Guadalupe rests an orange kayak to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy

Asked the homeowner near the Guadalupe to leave the orange kayak to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy


Now there are two kayaks to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy

Now there are two kayaks to share to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy

Now I shall invite friends to share to float the river

Ahoy mate ahoy

joanconnor
04/11/2023


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...