Monday, April 10, 2023

Day After Resurrection Day


It is the day following Easter Sunday 2023 - I apologize for not touching base with you on a most blessed day in the Christian calendar.  And such a blessing it was ........ to be back in church! We attended the Hunt Methodist church, Hunt, Texas, We will be moving to that community the end of this May.

It was a wonderful worshipping experience and the music, the sermon, the physical church was beautiful and we plan to return.  My desire to be a part of a community is unfolding. Thank-you, Jesus!

To celebrate His Resurrection, His Salvation and His Loving Kindness in All situations I give you the following poem. I am currently, this month of April, celebrating poetry by participating in NaPoWriMo. This poem was written in response to a prompt that required twenty steps. I never made it past the first step seeking a metaphor.

Metaphorically Mesmerized

I went down a rabbit hole looking for a metaphor

and never found my way out, I shout

Hallelujah.


The number one item on prompt’s #8 list

I tackled with vengeance, trusting 

it wouldn’t take long, then found 

The Song.


I listened on YouTube to variations in verse

searching for the buried metaphors

I decided to immerse


myself in Hallelujah, its connotations,

variations, Cohen’s lyrics and voice as

hours passed, still down there


loving every upload, every interpretation

I finally threw in the towel, woke up  

this morning ….singing Hallelujah!!



                                                                                                                                                       Joanconnor

                                                                                                                                                        04/09/2023


And for your listening pleasure:


Andrea Bocelli - Hallelujah (Live at Teatro Regio di Parma) - YouTube

An Easter Hallelujah - Cassandra Star with background video - YouTube

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...