Sunday, April 16, 2023

a sunday's prayer

 

a sunday’s prayer


it is not what it appears

to be all peaceful inside

myself, the home 


tension builds within as

expenses are monitored 

resources depleted


to buy another home.

to move again

unintended, disrupting

discouraging  

.

except 

this next house

the keeper home

it’s best to be last.


my faith doesn’t waver

most of the time

i focus on what God has

done for me instead of

what i have not done for Him.



and so it is not as it appears 

ever, never

for me and probably for you 

i try to overcome 

stress 

wrong decisions 

spontaneous choices


i wonder how i missed 

God’s nudge…………


04/16/2023


The above poem was written as a response to NaPoWriMo's Day #16 prompt:

And now, without further ado, our optional daily prompt, once again pulled from our archives. Today’s prompt is a poem of negation – yes (or maybe, no), I challenge you to write a poem that involves describing something in terms of what it is not, or not like. For example, if you chose a whale as the topic of your poem, you might have lines like “It does not settle down in trees at night cooing/Nor will it fit in your hand.”         NaPoWriMo



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...