Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Airstream Owner Almost


September 6, 2023

I am close to being a Bambi Airstream owner. We have traveled these past three days approximately 1500 miles or more from Texas to Boise, Idaho. I found the Airstream I desired here in Boise this past summer. My deposit was given in July and now we are back to pick it up, staying in motels which is an unusual treat or trauma depending on the situation. This morning as I type, the room and free breakfast  are delightful. Yesterday morning, not quite the same.

We will meet the folks selling this beautiful small classic 2003 Airstream in a few hours at Wells Fargo to financially seal the deal. Then truck over to the storage unit, hook it up and we're off to travel back to Texas. It is not certain if we will spend tonight at Brother Bob's in front of his house. 

As I type, my heart beats a bit faster and my fingers are nervously tapping. This will undoubtedly be my last foray into rv ownership. Listing those rvs include:

1)  a 5th wheel Scamp which I called my Barbie mobile 

2) an older pink and turquoise motorhome 

3) a Casita 

then nothing but a truck shell. Once the trailer "bug" bit again, I bought... 

4) a darling r-pod that was their first model, small and sweet. That was sold in 2013 and then I went financially into the big stream with 

5) a brand new Class C motorhome 

6) In 2021 I traded the Class C for a 30' new Transcend trailer. This was our home away from home for the summer months as I volunteered in Idaho state parks. 

7) And here we are in 2023, the Transcend trailer on the consignment lot with a large monetary loss and the Airstream to be purchased TODAY. 

I am making the full circle from small to big to bigger to smaller to smallest. And so let those tires roll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...