Thursday, September 28, 2023

Chasing Wildflowers



chasing wildflower seeds 

shopping soils checking calendars

effortless for Ma Nature


I am thoroughly enjoying writing three lines each early morning. The prompts are invigorating. This is a Maya Stein month-long class. Maya Stein

Today's prompt is effortful/effortless and I am obsessing about buying and planting wildflower seeds.


Yesterday the recently purchased small battery operated roto tiller revealed solid limestone a few inches below the surface of my backyard. A neighbor spoke of the previous owner and the many bags of soil she used to grow her sunflowers and zinnias. That might just be the solution.


Today after Bible Study I shall initiate my weekly tour of Lowe's to find the seeds and soil. According to the West Kerr local newspaper article I should be planting these seeds now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...