Friday, September 22, 2023

Two Prompts Today



aquaponic gardening

fish fertilize my spinach

“It’s easy being green”





(inspired by (41) Sesame Street: It's Easy Being Green - YouTube)




Meanwhile it’s predawn and not even the stars are aware, awake, brightening my sky. I feel this part of the universe belongs only to me as I meander with thoughts of the upcoming day, write a haiku, study my spiritual awakening lesson and then the day begins.

Meanwhile I spend time reflecting, seriously reflecting as my life unfolds before me, totally my own doing. It won’t always be up to me, or will it? Will the days for the remaining decade or two be self-determined? Will the accomplishments or lack therein be of my design?

Meanwhile I think the dishwasher is now working. The top drawer has to be lifted up so it connects with the water intake in the rear. Really? The intake has to be clicked into?

Meanwhile my mind is thinking about Robert, the neighbor behind us up the hill that got so excited last night about his aquaponic gardening quest that I came in the house and googled the hobby.

Meanwhile my coffee is delicious.



The above prompts were "spinach" and "meanwhile" from two different online classes I subscribed to this month.







No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...