Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Appealing Art to Guide Me!

 

                  She trumpets, She surrounds with joy, She is my kind of gal. 

Now I need a bit of guidance, dear Lord and Angel-Muse:

I love this type of artwork. I love the whimsicalness, the brightness, the story being told, the lines taking me off the page. I am art illiterate, but I do know that this appeals to me. 

What shall I do with all my shouldas? Should I write? Should I paint? Should I begin my weaving with a loom that has been shelved for years?

I will complete the bookmobile and I will successfully give away books to children. Will that take all my days, my energy? 

I will play the fiddle and progress slowly with my continued lessons.

I will always play the piano, for my own enjoyment and therapy.

I will study my Bible, acquaint myself with my angels that somedays are quite whimsical and humorous, challenging me to sort it out, Joan and be thankful, very thankful for increasingly good health and the possibilities of many joyous moments.

Thank-you, Jesus!

Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...