Monday, December 26, 2022

Inspired by Ada


Ada Limon - the 24th poet laureate of the United States. About — ADA LIMÓN (adalimon.net)

I have not read much of her poetry. My prompt today centers about her poem, "Before."It's lovely!

And so I write without stopping, fifteen minutes and share with you my "wild writing."

Here I go..................

1.

Before I married Dave I was lonely and hanging with men who did not respect me.

Thank goodness I only hung with them, uncommitted.

Before I connected with this wonderful and gentle man I was seeking friends in low places.

My self esteem was not what it should have been.

2.

Before I moved to this home in Texas we lived in N. Mexico and Idaho.

Those homes no longer belong to me, to us.

I wish this home did not belong to us. We are worried.

The evidence is that the foundation is not on compacted soil.

Dave has been saying this repeatedly for the past 1 1/2 years.

I didn't want to believe him.

3.

Before I purchased this home we were living in a townhome.

That home no longer belongs to us.

I have made excellent decisions in real estate and then several mistakes. This was a mistake.

I have made money in real estate and lost money.

4.

Before we go to court regarding the condition of this home we are hoping the person who installed it incorrectly will buy it back. 

Before the lawyers handle the case we are hoping one or two letters will cause the installer to rethink his decision and buy the home from us.

Before this task develops further we are quite certain that we will be moving.

Before I take the installer of this manufactured home to court I am now praying for a miracle.

5.

Before I reread this rant I must tell you that this is not a poem. This is a collage of feelings and frustrations, simple words, and an image.

Before I post this I must tell you that I believe writing heals and writing helps to see clearer and writing is freeing and all can write. I am rattling, writing wild. It helps me express what is going on inside caused by what is happening on the outside.

Before my fifteen minutes concludes I wish I could write one small tanka. I shall quickly type the five lines with the middle line being a pivot.

as cracks appear and

the skirting separates

a home on sinking sand

worries become magnified

evidence is building


Thanks for listening!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Finding my Tribe

sunday solitude afternoon serenity birds become my tribe