Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Projecting a Project in 2023

 


Turning toward what you deeply love saves you. - Rumi

In my email box today was the above watercolor and quote from Jill Badonsky.
Jill is a creative life coach. I am very attracted to her sketches. I find them to be deliciously appealing.

Becoming an artist is not a leading desire of mine. However, I like to paint with a video guiding me step-by-step. Therapy one could call it since my talent is amateur. It is therapeutic to create an acrylic painting that looks pretty darn good.
I even have a box of paint-by-number projects collected. I could keep busy for a year with my current stash.
Maybe that is what I should do.

Coming up in January is a visual journaling class with TWI where I am seeking certification as a journal facilitator. I have never taken a visual journaling class before, but am tempted to commit to this one. TWI Winter Term 2023 – Therapeutic Writing Institute (twinstitute.net)

A weaving loom is on the shelf. What if I begin that hobby? Will the learning curve be too steep? Would I like the handling of thread, year, string on the loom? I have the equipment and even a video archived with Online learning — Rebecca Mezoff.

What do you deeply love? Where do you turn when frustrated, confused and somewhat discouraged? 
I turn to my music and that has always been there for me. I play the piano, escaping in thought and mind. It is also comforting for my arthritic hands.
When I paint I am also relaxed and thoroughly enjoy the process. 
When I write I am challenged and thoroughly enjoy the commitment as I am doing now.

Too many options?

As you can perceive, I am spinning my wheels trying to start a 2023 project that will intrigue me and carry my interest to the next level of obsession.

How about you? 
What project is in your 2023 plans? 
What will save you in 2023?

No comments:

Post a Comment

SNAP! - so nice among plants

SNAP! - so nice among plants it only took a few minutes to water the invisible zinnias they're struggling, underground still i should ha...