Friday, December 2, 2022

First Friday Muses




It's the first Friday in December, I am going to post the first Friday of each month a reflection, some thoughts and sharings.

A decision was made for me with my approval! My memoir writing class at Dietert Senior Center has moved to Tuesdays in March instead of Thursdays. That allows me to join the Bible Study Fellowship group that meets locally here in Kerrville, TX.  on Thursday mornings.I have applied to the local group and sent my resignation letter to the online zoom leader with whom I have been studying.

The online BSF ladies group of 70+ in age has not been my comfort zone. I seldom, if ever, joined in the discussion, but perched in front of the computer and allowed my face to be in a square on zoomland. Sometimes, not always, I had my lessons completed.

My relationship with BSF goes back to the 1960's when my little children attended with me. Yes, that is a long time ago. Then we moved, and moved again and I dropped out and returned in 2015. Again I dropped out because I kept falling asleep during the evening lecture as I was teaching full time in Idaho.

I am looking forward to being a part of BSF here in Kerrville where I will meet Christian women and enjoy the togetherness meeting in person allows. It just wasn't cozy in those zoom squares and non participation is not my norm. I know the motivation to complete the weekly lessons will be greater when I am meeting in real time.

Moving to reflection #2. My hubby and I are tired of driving for holiday dinners to my daughter's home in Austin. We enjoy immensely being there, eating their delicious foods, sharing dog language with each animal present and just relaxing. However, I think it is my turn to host. This Christmas our home is open for all who would like to share the holiday meal and time together. And so the invites are going out to children in Texas and maybe a few others in the area. Put a spiral cut ham in the oven and concoct a few side dishes.....what's so hard about that? 

Come over and have some Christmas wassail with us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Write to Weave

 Below is an essay I just completed for my Sarah Lawrence memoir writing class. The prompt was to write about a learning experience. Mine is...